1. Explore Table Mountain! One of the New Seven Wonders of Nature, Table mountain is well worth exploring! Hike up or take the cable car. We recommend combining this activity with a city tour and making use of one of our private tours.
2. Hike up Lions Head. For the adventurous and fit visitor, we recommend walking up Lions Head. Head up for sunset or sunrise and take in beautiful 360° views of Cape Town. This activity can form part of your private Cape Town City Tour.
3. Explore Cape Town with a private Cape Town City Tour.
See the new and old city, explore the interesting architecture, quaint coffee shops, contemporary art, fun markets and amazing food. Cape Town is sure to excite you. We recommend a private guide to curate your Cape Town experience.
4. Explore the Cape Peninsula and Cape Point. Dramatic cliffs and peninsulas jutting out into the Atlantic Ocean. The Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve which forms part of the Table Mountain National Park is well worth visiting while in Cape Town. We recommend a private Cape Peninsula Tour.
5. Visit Boulders Beach Penguin Colony. The African Penguin has become quite the crowd puller. These adorable creatures frequent the beach in Simon's Town and shouldn't be missed while you are in Cape Town. Your private Cape Town Tour Guide will be happy to curate this experience for you.
6. Spend a day in the Cape Winelands. The Stellenbsoch and Franschhoek regions are well renowned for their wines and deserving of their many accolades. The setting of vineyards against majestic mountains makes for one of the most picturesque wine regions on the planet. Even if you are not a wine connoisseur, this area should not be missed. Book a private wine tour with one of our passionate guides.
7. Head to Hermanus to see the whales. The Southern Right Whales can be seen between July and November although this day trip is worth exploring all year round. The scenic Clarens Drive and breathtaking Heaven and Earth wine valley make this day trip very much worth exploring. Book a private Cape Town Tour Guide to take you there.
8. Visit the Museum of Contemporary Art Africa. There are many art galleries in Cape Town and we can curate a full day of art related activities and gallery visits, but if you are to only visit one art museum; go and see this one. The Zeitz Mocca is not only an exhibit of relevant African art, but the building alone, an architectural feat, is a must see. Your private Cape Town Tour Guide can incorporate this experience into your tour.
9. Visit a local farmers market. There are many to choose from. The most well known is the Neighbourgoods Market and it is a great way to get an idea of Cape Town's vibe and culture.
Here are some other markets that we like and recommend:
The Oranjezicht City Farm Market
10. Go Shark Cage Diving with Great White Sharks. Yes, that's right, if you are an adrenaline junkie and you are looking for a kick, then sign up for this one. You will head out into the Atlantic Ocean and your experienced crew will have you submerged in a cage to view a couple of shark species that roam our waters.
Your Cape Town Tour Guide will happily coordinate this activity for you. Click here to get in touch with us.